Saturday, June 1, 2013

The hard and soft of it...


Well, I still cannot get my oldest daughter to pose for a picture in her pleather(purchased from Mood) skirt (McCall's 6706).  And now my youngest is unavailable to pose for pictures in her linen pants(Simplicity 2700). Here are some shots of the two pieces on(and I use the term lightly) Dora. Hopefully I can get a picture of both of them wearing the pieces soon.


 
I used cheap/wrong interfacing (see how wonky waistband looks)


First time using both button hole and button attachments


Leg with ribbon sewn on for a pretty hem
 
Next up is Mimi g’s Regal Maxi skirt. I found this yellow shantung at Jo.Mars in Philly. It fit right into the time of a ministry event that I am part of.

Fail: I am having trouble fitting my large abdomen while making skirts/pants. The trouble I had with was also due to time constraints(I was trying to make it to wear later that day! I am not there yet.. lol ) and I got frustrated when I attached the waistband on upside down. (I was trying to make it to wear later that day! I am not there yet.. lol ) I will finish this…No UFOs in 2013

Love and blessings,
Dawn
 

No comments: