Saturday, June 1, 2013

Out with the old, in with the new!


Well, I mentioned in my last post that I was in the process of making the infamous "Regal Maxi Skirt w/ Sash"... I had only the zipper and the hem to finish when my oldest daughter came in. I decided to try it on to get her opinion....I had told her that I was going to wear it the next day to a ministry event that I was a part of. So when I came out in the skirt she said" oh, I did not know that you were doing a praise dance". Well since that was not the look I was going for I figured that I should wear something else.
I did agree with her that my rendition had too many gathers. I will remedy that at a yet-to-be-determined time.

I took Wednesday thru Friday off, so on Wednesday I cleaned my overhead built-in closet in my bedroom. In the process I realized that I am a border-line hoarder. I am proud to say that a recycle bin full of useless papers dating back to 1997 and three bags of shoes have left my home.

Now, I am not so proud to say that on Thursday I went to Gaffney Fabrics and purchased 27 yards of ITY knits (they were on sale for $1.50/yard)  and then I went to Jo Anns and took advantage of the McCalls pattern sale. I bought 12 patterns, but 10 of them were for kints!

Last night I started working on M6752, view B. I used stash fabric(linen blend Jersey knit) purchased online in 2013. Sorry for the dark photo.





Not sure what is up next, but it will be done within the next week!


Love and blessings!
Dawn

No comments: