Sunday, September 26, 2010

"Long Time Coming" OR "Better Late than Never"

Back in August I made Simplicity 2764, the skirt,  using fabric from Fabric.com. It was one of my first on-line fabric purchases and I must have had it in my stash for around 4 years. You see, I originally purchased it to make an apron but that never happen. Then I saw McCall's 5580  and thought it would be great as a dress, that never happened.
So may I proudly(finally) present... a FO!



I used bias tape for the waist treatment instead of using the facing. I added a lining. It is a little big but wearable.The zipper treatment is not the greatest but I have proudly worn it three times(I wear it as I type this). I was rushed to finish this as I wanted to wear it on a Women's Weekend Retreat that I was invited to three days before the event.

No comments: